Car Grooming and Maintenance Tips
One common question that many may ask is that, “How do I maintained and improve my car in the easiest and fastest way?” Well, ponder no more, for this article will share with you some simple ways to improve your car ensure that it is well maintained.
- Put up heat and UV-resistant window filmThis will protect your car’s interior and upholstery and lift the burden on the air conditioner. Do ensure the film matches the requirements of those of the Land Transport Authority (LTA).
- Professional groomingSend your car for professional grooming package, this will save you time and trouble of getting your hands dirty, at the same time be sure of a thorough and professional job done for your car interior. Select vehicle workshops that offer services that rids your car of germs and smell.
- Auto transmission fluid should be changed periodicallyYour transmission is being lubricated with contaminants if fluid is not changed promptly. If you find the level of your fluid dropping, this indicates a leakage somewhere as transmission fluid doesn’t burnt up.
- Reddish oil puddles under the car?This signifies that either the automatic transmission or power steering system is experiencing a leakage. On top of that, check that fluid level must not fall below the lowest mark, and it should be clear with the absence of metal filings, black flakes and burning smell.
- Brake fluid should be replaced regularlyThe fluid must maintain constant thickness throughout its operating temperature range. If the thickness is not constant, it may cause damage when braking.
- Check the level of engine oil regularlyFollow these steps:
- Park your car, switch off your engine and wait for at least five minutes
- Remove the dipstick, wipe it clean and put it back
- Pull it out again, and you should be able to see that the oil level is between the lowest and highest markings on the stick.
- A complete change is indicated by the black colour of the oil
- Shock absorbersYour shock absorbers maybe worn out and will need replacement when you are able to sense every small bump and hump that your car goes over. Not only will the new shock absorbers ensure a comfortable ride, it will also give the car a better handling response and quicker reaction.
- Car spoilersThis will improve your car’s performance by providing a down force, thus increasing its stability at high speeds.