How to Save Fuel and Reduce Your Bill!
Have you ever felt that your ever increasing fuel bill is becoming a financial burden? Ever wonder how to save fuel in more than one or two ways? Well, the following 9 simple tips will show you on how to save fuel – evermore, and be on your way to reduce your fuel bill!1) Plan your route
- Organise errands so that they can be combined into one trip to cut down on driving.
- If possible, drive during off-peak hours as there’ll be less stop-and-go driving, thus saving fuel.
2) Maintain correct tyre pressure
- Keep your tyres properly inflated as deflated tyres increase rolling resistance
- According to the US Environmental Protection Agency, car tyres inflated to the maximum recommended pressure can improve your mileage by as much as 6%.
3) Service your car regularly
- A well maintained vehicle runs at peak efficiency whereas an inefficient engine cannot optimize the use of fuel.
- Be generous with the maintenance of your vehicle and change parts such as the air filter when necessary
4) Turn off the engine
- If you’re stopping the car for more than 30 seconds, turn off the engine.
- Not only does idling waste fuel, it also produces unnecessary greenhouse gases.
5) Avoid aggressive driving
- Abrupt accelerations, filtering in and out of traffic and hard breaking causes fuel wastage and the wearing out of brakes and tyres.
- Therefore, practice accelerating gradually from a stop and braking gently
6) Close windows at high speeds
- Open windows increase air resistance on the vehicle and lower fuel economy
7) Clear out the junk
- The heavier the car, the more fuel is needed.
- So clean out the boot and back seat to get rid of the extra weight
8) Switch to lower octane fuel
- Most cars are made to operate on regular low octane fuel.
- High octane fuel is not necessary and doesn’t provide any greater efficiency.
- Only high performance vehicles such as turbo-charged vehicles and sports car require 98-octane fuel
9) Join a loyalty programme
- Sign up for loyalty programme at petrol companies that you have been faithfully giving business to
- This will in turn help you save money as accumulated points can be used to redeem gifts or extra fuel
- On top of that, check out banls’ tie-up with petrol companies that offer a discount when you pay for fuel with their credit card.
Wait no more – start working on these quick and easy tips on how to save fuel and begin your saving today.